Gladys Carol Scholarship 2023/2024 – Apply Now
Are you a high school senior, high school graduate, or a current undergraduate student? Do you wish to pursue a STEM (science, technology, engineering or math) degree in the United States for free? Consider yourself lucky because the Gladys Carol Scholarship for 2023 is open to students for applications.
Annually, the Gladys Carol Scholarship Program awards students a merit based scholarship worth $5,000 to study in any University located in the United States. This scholarship program is available for local and international students. However, international students are to get enrolled in an accredited institution in the United States before considering applying for the Gladys program.
This blog post will provide you the necessary information for a successful application. However, if you consider yourself ineligible after reading, then check out some recommended study abroad scholarships.
About the Gladys Carol Program
The Gladys Carol Scholarship Program, Inc. is a non-profit charity organization strictly funded by generous donors. It was established in honor of Gladys Carol, who was an extraordinary intelligent woman.
Gladys was born in Cleveland, Ohio, to German immigrants. Unfortunately, she didn’t have the opportunity to attend college. If she did, there is a high possibility that she would have found a cure to a deadly disease or be running a multimillion-dollar company. Just like every other young woman in her generation, Gladys got married after high school and gave birth to wonderful children.
This Scholarship Program was established by Gladys’ daughter, Cheryl, as a way to pay forward her mom’s sacrifice. Cheryl is eternally grateful to her mom & dad.
The Gladys program is on a mission to financially assist students through higher education. The program is interested in students who have demonstrated extraordinary academic excellence, possess a strong sense of civic duty, and believe their education is no one’s responsibility but their own. All donations for the Gladys Scholarship are tax-deductible.
Why you should apply for this Scholarship
There are lots of scholarship opportunities for students in any level of education. However, the Gladys Carol Scholarship is significantly different. The idea for its establishment is unique and inspiring.
You should apply for this scholarship if you believe you can make a positive impact to the community from education. The world is revolving around science and technology, if you are interested in studying a STEM course, do not hesitate to apply for the Carol Scholarship.
Who can apply for Gladys Scholarship
The GC Scholarship is open to high school seniors, high school graduates, and current undergraduate students who wish to pursue a STEM (science, technology, engineering or math) degree in the United States.
You must also have demonstrated extraordinary academic excellence, possess a strong sense of civic duty, and posses the mindset that your education is strictly your responsibility. All these factors and more are to be considered before applying for the scholarship.
Programs to Study
Interested students are to study any field under STEM. The Gladys program allows students to study at any university (public or private) located in the United States for a period of four (4) years. Selected students are entitled to renew their scholarship as directed by the organization.
Gladys Carol Scholarship Eligibility
- Applicant must be accepted to or enrolled in a full-time accredited, non-profit public or private four-year college.
- You must be majoring in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, or Math) program.
- Must be a United States citizen or a permanent resident with a permanent resident ID card or a current passport.
- Applicant must have a minimum, cumulative GPA of 3.75 or higher on a 4.0 scale. OR a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale (or its equivalent) while working in a paid position or internship, or as a volunteer, or a combination thereof a minimum average of 16 hours per week.
- You must have a minimum SAT score of 1300 or minimum ACT score of 28.
Required Documents to be Submitted
Eligible students must submit the following documents alongside their application form. Incomplete or false information will lead to a void application.
- A copy of your school transcript showing cumulative GPA (most recent).
- An enrollment letter (for current undergrad student), OR an acceptance letter (for first time or transfer student) from your school.
- A copy of your SAT or ACT score report.
- For students applying for, or have applied for student aid, a copy of your SAR (Student Aid Report) from Free Application for Federal Student Aid [FAFSA], is required.
- A written essay (in 250 words or fewer) answering the question, “How will this scholarship help you meet your career and life’s goals?”
How to apply for Gladys Carol Scholarship
After assembling all your documents, applying for Gladys Scholarship is the next phase. Make sure you pass the eligibility criteria before proceeding to apply.
- Students are expected to mail their documents including the personal essay to the Gladys program.
- Your application should be mailed to GCSP 6771 Alpine Avenue, 29 Palms, CA 92277.
Note: Do not submit your documents electronically. All application packages must be mailed to the organization.
- A total of $5,000 to be awarded to selected students.
- $2,500 for one year of study, and can be renewed for a second $2,500 award for a consecutive year of study.
Checks are mailed no later than 30 days after enrollment confirmation is received.
Gladys Program Selection Process
The Gladys Carol Scholarship is a merit-based scholarship. This simply means, the selection process is strictly on a student’s merits, such as academics, test scores, extracurricular activities, community service, and more. Each applicant is expected to be exceptional in his/her academics and extracurricular activities. Always remember that this is a competitive program. Try your possible best to stand above the crowd.
How to Renew your Scholarship
To avoid terminating your scholarship, students are expected to comply by the program’s policies. The Gladys Scholarship requires scholars to meet the following conditions in order to retain their award:
- Awardees must stay enrolled in a full-time STEM field of study at an accredited non-profit public or private four-year college or university in the United States for the follow-on academic year.
- Winner(s) must achieve a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.75 on a 4.0 scale (or its equivalent). OR a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale (or its equivalent) while working a minimum average of 16 hours per week in a paid position or internship, or as a volunteer.
Is Gladys Scholarship legit?
Since it’s establishment in 2013, the Gladys program has helped hundreds of students in need of financial assistance. The program is fully sponsored by generous donors who relentlessly ensure extraordinary students get the chance to proper education.
Gladys Carol Scholarship Deadline 2023
1 January 2023 – Application process opens; applications available on Official website.
31 March 2023 – Deadline for scholarship application package to be mailed to Gladys program.
Note: Applications postmarked after 31 March 2023 will not be considered. Ensure you mail your application at least 3 days before the deadline.
30 April 2023 – Winners will be notified via email; and will also be announced on the organization social platforms.
15 October 2023 – Recipient’s enrollment confirmation due.
Mail your application to:
6771 Alpine Avenue
29 Palms, CA 92277.
Now that you are here, check out some awesome scholarships for you!
Ron Brown Scholarship Program 2023 – Apply Now
John Lepping Memorial Scholarship for Students with Disabilities
Kupe Leadership Scholarship at University of Auckland
BigSun Scholarship for Student Athletes 2023
We urge you not to give up on your quest for a better education through scholarships. Keep trying until you succeed. Remember the beginning is always the hardest.
Gladys Carol Scholarship is just one of the hundreds of financial aid programs available for students. Apply for this awesome scholarship, you could be $5,000 richer.
Stay updated on future Scholarship opportunities by subscribing to our newsletter and post notifications.