The John Lepping Memorial Scholarship is an annual program established to support disabled students battling with cancer, and still strive to complete their college education. This scholarship is strictly to help lessen the financial burdens of the student’s medication and education.
Hosted by Lep Foundation, the John Lepping Memorial Scholarship has awarded Scholarships worth over $500,000 in the past thirteen (13) years of establishment. Each year, disabled students are given a $5,000 Scholarship to help sort their medications and ensure they keep up with college.
If you fall under the category of students suffering from physical conditions (spinal cord injury, loss of limb, birth defects, etc.) and psychological conditions (autism, post-traumatic stress etc.) Including cancer. Then keep reading to know how to apply for this scholarship.
About Lep Foundation
The Lep foundation is a non-profit organization advocating for youths education. It is a 100% volunteer organization focused on helping disabled students strictly in need of financial assistance. The organization has been awarding scholarship since the past thirteen (13) years and so far, $415,000 worth of scholarships have been awarded to students living in the United States.
The Lep organization was founded by John Lepping. John was very proud of disabled students who strive to complete their college education despite their physical conditions. He therefore developed a means of aiding such students to ensure they don’t have to struggle financially to cover their medical costs and still pay for college.
The Lep Foundation and CURE Media Group work in a collaborative effort to support students diagnosed with cancer and have shown the courage and determination to complete their college education despite significant challenges.
Students with a disability living in the Tri-State area (New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania) are eligible to apply for this scholarship.
- To support students diagnosed with cancer/disabilities and have shown courage to complete their college education.
- Help reduce the burdens of medical costs on disabled students.
- To give hope to disabled students.
- Promote youth education regardless of health challenges.
Why you should apply for Lep Foundation Scholarship
This scholarship is very special and unique because of it’s targeted audience. It is a symbol of hope for students suffering from cancer and severe illnesses. You should apply for this scholarship if you believe you can make a positive impact to the community after college regardless of your health condition as long as you take proper medications.
Who can apply for John Lepping Scholarship
Lep scholarship is open to students diagnosed with cancer/severe illnesses and whose disease and related treatments placed a significant financial burden on them and their families. Students with disabilities such as physical conditions (spinal cord injury, loss of limb, birth defects, etc.) and psychological conditions (autism, post-traumatic stress etc.) are also eligible. Applicants must be a citizen of the United States before applying for this scholarship.
John Lepping Scholarship Eligibility
- Applicant must be enrolled at an institution of higher education, e.g. college, community college, university or vocational school.
- Applicant must be diagnosed with cancer (or disability) and willingly to complete college education.
- You must be a citizen of the United States.
- Applicant must be in need of financial assistance.
- You must be able to provide a letter of confirmation by a licensed physician as proof of their cancer (or disability) diagnosis.
- Applicant must demonstrate academic achievement through evidence of working to one’s potential.
Required Documents for Lep Foundation Scholarship
To be fully eligible for this scholarship, you must submit all the necessary documents as listed below.
- A one-page essay regarding your diagnosis and the challenges that you and your family faced due to cancer and cancer-related treatments. Your essay should also include your goals and future ambitions.
- An official school transcripts.
- Three (3) letters of recommendation from non-family members.
- Letter of confirmation by a licensed physician as proof of their cancer (or disability) diagnosis. To be submitted after receiving award notification.
Note: All documents and materials must be submitted to ensure your application to be reviewed. If applying electronically, all documents must be converted to DOC and PDF formats only. Do not submit documents in any other formats except the aforementioned.
How to apply for John Lepping Memorial Scholarship
- Download the Lep Cancer Support Scholarship application form here. For non-cancer students, download the Lep disability form here.
- Fill out the application form by providing your personal information, school, address, contact and other required data.
- Attach all the necessary documents with your application and submit to The Lep Foundation, Cure Scholarship Selection via email to ([email protected]). E-mail applications must include digital copies of all required submission materials.
- To submit offline, print out your application form, attach the necessary documents and mail your submission to The Lep Foundation, Cure Scholarship Selection Committee, PO Box 299, Millstone Twp, NJ 08510.
As a result of the high volume of applications, only students selected for this scholarship will receive a notification from the Lep Foundation. Once you receive an award notification, send a letter of confirmation by a licensed physician as proof of your cancer diagnosis to claim your award.
How to Receive your Lep Foundation Scholarship Award
To claim your $5,000 non-renewable John Lepping memorial scholarship award, you must follow the below procedures.
- After receiving your award notification, submit proof of your cancer (or disability) diagnosis. It must be a letter of confirmation by a licensed physician. For non-cancer students, send proof of disability signed by a licensed physician.
- Ensure your school have sent Lep Foundation a completed Verification of Enrollment form. The foundation will only recognize a verified enrollment form, from your school for issuing of check.
- The check will be mailed directly to the school to establish a credit in the name of the student. Once mailed, the student will be notified. However, It is the responsibility of the student to follow up on all matters relating to his or her scholarship award.
John Lepping Scholarship Deadline
Applications for the Lep Foundation Scholarship will be due on March 1, 2023. Ensure you have submitted all the necessary information and documents concerning the scholarship before the closure date.
Scholarship Contact info
For further inquiries about Lep Foundation, send your complaints to the provided contact information.
The Lep Foundation
PO Box 299
Millstone Twp., NJ 08510
Now that you are here, check out some recommended scholarships for you!
The John Lepping Scholarship has provided a chance for disabled students to have a thrilling college experience regardless of their medical conditions. Every child deserves a proper education irrespective of health challenges and the Lep Foundation in collaboration with CURE Media Group has made this possible.
It is not easy paying for college and also medications. Let Lep foundation lessen your financial burdens, and you will have a memorable college experience for a great future.
Stay updated on future Scholarship opportunities by subscribing to our newsletter and post notifications.