Studying in Australia as an international student is achievable with the Australian Catholic University (ACU) Scholarships. This scholarship program annually awards 20 international students a partially or fully funded scholarship to study abroad.
ACU offers numerous financial assistance programs for both Undergraduate and Postgraduate students. This gives you reasonable options and considerations for application. Students with good academic performances are eligible to apply for any available ACU scholarship.
Australian Catholic University (ACU) was established in 1991. It is a public university built on the Catholic ideology. The University has seven campuses across Australia which are located in North Sydney, Blacktown, Strathfield, Canberra, Brisbane, Melbourne, and Ballarat.
ACU is focused on creating an enabling environment where students can strive for a better and satisfactory future. The school is committed to ensure students grow spiritually and intellectually in ways that encourage confidence and vocational formation.
The Australian Catholic University solely built on truth, academic excellence and devoted service. In addition to equity, diversity, accessibility, sustainability and well-being.
ACU ranks top 2% of all universities of the world. The institution also ranks 39 among young universities in the world and top 10 Catholic universities globally.
- ACU has enrolled more than 33,000 students worldwide.
- It has more than 125,000 alumni.
- More than 4,300 international students enrolled from over 90 countries.
- First in Australia for graduate employment.
- More than 200 international partners.
- First in Australia for energy efficiency.
- All ACU campuses are 100% powered with renewable energy. Read more.
Who can apply for this Scholarship?
The ACU scholarship is open to students in any region except Australia and New Zealand. International students commencing an Undergraduate or Postgraduate program are eligible to apply. However, you must possess a good academic record from your respective institution.
Australian Catholic University Courses for International Students
Below are the broad fields offered at ACU:
- Allied health
- Creative arts
- Global studies and international development
- Humanities and social sciences
- Information technology
- Law and criminology
- Nursing, midwifery and paramedicine
- Nutrition and biomedical science
- Professional education
- Public health and administration
- Sport and exercise science
- Youth work and community development.
ACU Scholarships Eligibility
To be eligible for any of the ACU available Scholarships, you must pass the following criterion:
- Applicant must be an international student (Australian or New Zealand scholars are not eligible).
- You must study any of the ACU programs (excluding pathway /Diploma/Graduate Certificate courses).
- Be willing to stay on campus
- Applicant must offer a full-time study (exceptions may be made).
- You must be in your first year (Commencing a new ACU course in Semester 1, 2023).
- Applicant must have an offer for a place in an undergraduate or postgraduate coursework program at ACU, commencing in Semester 1, 2023.
- You must apply for an ACU program higher than your current academic qualifications.
- Applicant must score at least 80% in academic results. A minimum of 5.8 GPA on the ACU 7-point scale or it’s equivalent.
- You must not be attending ACU as a Study Abroad or Exchange student
- Applicant must not be on any academic sponsorship, either through ACU or a third party.
Required Document for Application
- Original copy of school transcript showing your current grade point. The document must also be translated (if necessary) and must clearly state the grading system of your school.
- 50% of tuition fees payment for the duration of your study (inclusive of RPL/Credit).
- Availability of 20 scholarships annually (14 in Semester one and 6 in Semester two).
The scholarship committee consisting of the Pro Vice-Chancellor (Global and Educational Pathways), the Executive Dean of each Faculty (or nominee) among others, select students on merit based. However, there may be consideration to the diversity of the source countries of applicants and the courses in which they are enrolled.
How to apply for ACU International Scholarship
Application for ACU study abroad scholarship is done by visiting the university’s website. Eligible applicants will create a profile on ACU where their application will be submitted and reviewed. Students with an existing profile account should log in and follow further instructions for a successful scholarship application.
ACU Scholarship Login
To commence your application, access ACU Scholarship portal login by clicking below:
Apply Online (Student Portal)
For more info: visit ACU Official website.
How to Retain your ACU Scholarship
Your scholarship can be terminated by ACU if you don’t comply with the University’s policies. Awarded students must always meet up with the following ACU terms and conditions to remain eligible for the scholarship until expiration of their duration of studying.
- Scholars must have a minimum Pass Grade for all units they were enrolled in the previous study period.
- Students must maintain an overall minimum GPA of 4.75 on a Scale of 7.0 for the duration of their study.
- Scholarship cannot be transferred to alternative courses or campuses post initial enrollment.
- Scholars must always pay up the 50% of their tuition before due date.
- Scholarship remains valid for students on an approved Leave of Absence for up to 12 months.
- Recipients show support and act as student ambassadors for ACU.
ACU Scholarship for International Students Deadline
The timeline for ACU application commences on September 1 and closes on September 30. Applicants are to submit every necessary information concerning the international student’s scholarship before the closure date.
International students are free to contact ACU about their Scholarship application by using the information below.
Call: +61 3 9007 0643
Connect with an ACU staff in your country
Now that you are here, check out some awesome study abroad opportunities for you!
- Australian National University Scholarship
- Kotzen Scholarship at Simmons University
- SIT Study Abroad Scholarships
The Australian Catholic University is one of the best schools established on religious beliefs. The public institution has helped thousands of students from various parts of the world achieve their dreams.
Through the ACU Scholarship programs, students can now afford a proper tuition regardless of the cost. Unfortunately, the International students Scholarship in ACU is not fully funded. However, it is a great opportunity for foreign students to study at the prestigious university oversea. Do not hesitate to apply for the ACU annual Scholarship.
Stay updated on future Scholarship opportunities by subscribing to our newsletter and post notifications.