Hubert Humphrey Fellowship Program 2023/2024 – Apply Now
The Hubert Humphrey Fellowship program is an opportunity for mid-career professionals in foreign countries to study a standard non-degree academic program in the United States. This program is for graduate students already practicing in their respective fields.
Hubert’s fellowship is here to help you become a professional by enriching you with leadership skills, expose you to the American values/ideas, build a good long term relationship with foreign developed countries including the US and more. If this interests you, then keep reading.
About Hubert Humphrey Program
Established in 1978 to honor the late United States Senator and Vice President and his life-long commitment to international cooperation and public service.
The Hubert H. Humphrey program has honored over 6,400 mid-career professionals as Humphrey Fellows. This program annually awards 150 men and women to become specialist in their respective careers after undergoing an intense ten (10) months knowledge acquisition training program.
The Hubert program is a non-degree academic program that is focused on establishing leaders for a global society. Humphrey selects fellows based on their potential for leadership and their commitment to public service in either the public or the private sector.
This program offers Fellows enriching opportunities for leadership development and professional engagement with Americans and their counterparts from many nations.
Through the ten months training, Fellows will be provided a full sponsorship which includes travel tickets to the US, tuition fees, allowances, internet access, English language training, comfortable accommodation, medical services etc.
Humphrey Fellowship Objectives
- Building professionals and global leaders.
- Strengthens global exchange of knowledge and experience.
- Fostering cultural exchange.
- Builds long-term relationship between United States citizens and Fellows.
Hubert Humphrey Fellowship program is a Government-funded program. It is sponsored by United States Congress through the Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs of the U.S. Department of State.
Other sponsors are governmental agencies, multinational organizations, and private donors. The Institute of International Education (IIE) assists the U.S. Department of State in administering the Humphrey Fellowship Program.
Why you should apply for this Fellowship
Of course, there is definitely a reason for you to show interest in the Humphrey Fellowship program. In my opinion, you should apply for this fellowship if you believe you haven’t realized your full potentials. This program will connect you to greater opportunities in your field, alongside exposure through knowledge and skills. It will also create a long-lasting international relationship/pathway for future references.
Who can apply for Hubert Humphrey Program
The Humphrey Program is a Fulbright exchange activity open to international graduates seeking to gain knowledge to boost their career qualifications and also establish relationship with foreign bodies and countries.
To apply for this scholarship, you must have a bachelor’s degree certificate and be practicing in your field of study for at least five (5) years. More eligibility requirements are stated below.
Programs to Study
Below are the accredited programs available to study:
- Finance and Banking
- Trafficking in Persons Policy and Prevention
- International Religious Freedom
- Technology Policy and Management
- Human Resource Management
- Law and Human Rights
- Economic Development
- Educational Administration, Planning and Policy
- Public Policy Analysis and Public Administration
- Public Health Policy and Management
- Agricultural and Rural Development
- Natural Resources, Environmental and Climate Change
- Contagious and Infectious Diseases
- HIV/AIDS Policy and Prevention
- Teaching of English as a Foreign Language
- Higher Education Administration
- Substance Abuse Education, Treatment and Prevention
- Urban and Regional Planning.
Hubert H. Humphrey Fellowship Eligibility
To qualify for this fellowship, you must pass the following criterion:
- You must possess a bachelor or first university degree.
- Possess leadership qualities.
- At least 5 years of full-time professional experience in your field of study.
- Proficiency in English language.
- Limited or no prior experience in the U.S.
- Proof of involvement in public service to the community.
Hubert H. Humphrey Fellowship Program Application
Application for Humphrey Fellowship is done by contacting the U.S. Embassy (Public Affairs Section) or Binational Fulbright Commission in your country.
Find out if your country is listed among the available regions for application. Click on the listed regions below. If your country is listed, then you are eligible for application.
Available Regions for Application
- Sub-Saharan Africa
- Europe and Eurasia
- Middle East and North Africa
- East Asia and Pacific
- South and Central Asia
- Western Hemisphere
Selected individuals for this program are entitled to receive the following:
- Full tuition fee paid directly to the host University.
- Flight travel ticket for international students (to and fro).
- Pre-academic English language training, (if required).
- Medical coverage.
- Computer subsidy (one-time).
- Living allowance including one-time settling allowance.
- Books allowance.
- A Professional Development allowance for professional activities, such as field trips, professional visits and conferences.
Humphrey Fellows are selected based on their potential for leadership and their commitment to public service in either the public or the private sector.
Fellows will prepare individual program plans for their professional development, detailing their goals and objectives for the year, including courses, seminars, special projects, professional and community activities.
On arrival in the United States, selected individuals for Humphrey Fellowship will pass through five components during the ten (10) months professional training.
- Humphrey Seminar
- Academic Enrichment
- Professional Development
- The Washington Global Leadership Forum
- English Language Courses. Read details of program components.
Hubert H. Humphrey Fellowship Deadline
Application deadlines for this program varies by country. Applicants are advised to check the nominating U.S. Embassy or Binational Fulbright Commission in respective countries to know it’s internal deadline.
However, all applications from various Embassies and Commissions are to be submitted to the Institute of International Education office in Washington, DC by October 1.
For further inquiries considering your Fellowship application, kindly contact the Humphrey Program office at the Institute of International Education by filling out this contact form.
Gladys Carol Scholarship 2023/2024
Kupe Leadership Scholarship at the University of Auckland
Nuffield Farming Scholarship (£13,000 worth)
Stay updated on future Scholarship opportunities by subscribing to our newsletter and post notifications.