£13,000 Nuffield Farming Scholarship: (Apply Now)
Small scale business owners, careers, and industries relating to agriculture now have an opportunity to widen their coast with the annual Nuffield Farming Scholarship.
Have you been trying to expand your business? Do you have passion or a career in the agricultural sector? Well, now is your chance to seek the proper knowledge you need to grow yourself and your business.
Every year, 20 individuals are given an opportunity to travel for a period of 8 weeks in quest to seek knowledge that would benefit the farming and food sector.
The Nuffield Scholarship will grant its scholars permission to travel anywhere in the world to further their knowledge and understanding of their chosen study topic. If this sound interesting to you, continue reading to get more information about the scholarship.
What is Nuffield Farming Scholarship?
Nuffield Farming is a registered charity organization that is focused on making a positive impact in the agricultural sector.
The organization started its scholarship trust in 1947. Since it’s establishment, more than 1,000 individuals have benefitted from the program. NFS is aimed to inspire passion in people and develop their potential to lead positive change in farming and food.
Nuffield Farming Scholarship has a Trustee Board of 6–13 elected individuals. 75% of these individuals are Nuffield Scholars. The Trust centers on promoting agricultural, horticultural, forestry and countryside management education in the United Kingdom and abroad.
This is an opportunity for individuals with careers relating to agriculture to broaden their horizons through study and travel overseas.
Farming and food has always been a global issue, especially in developing countries. The rising world population requires proper knowledge to conserve our natural resources and increase the availability of food and wildlife.
By the end of this program, scholars would be able to implement the techniques learned from their respective research topics anywhere in the world.
Who can apply for Nuffield Scholarship?
The Nuffield farming Scholarship is available to individuals working in farming, horticulture, forestry or any other countryside and ancillary industry. It is also available for individuals who are in a position to influence those with agricultural related careers.
Small scale & large scale business owners in the farming and food industry can also benefit from this Scholarship. If you don’t own a business, you can apply to widen your knowledge in your desired agricultural field. The goal is to create a positive impact in the farming and food sector.
Nuffield Farming Scholarships Trust is a registered United Kingdom Charity (No. 1098519) and founding member of Nuffield International Farming Scholars.
Programs & Duration of Study
Eligible individuals will select research topics of interest in either farming, food, horticulture, forestry or any other countryside and ancillary industry.
The duration of study is eight (8) weeks. At the end of study, Nuffield scholars will make a presentation on their research topic during the annual Nuffield Farming Conference.
- Applicants must work within the agricultural field. This includes farming, horticulture, food, rural and associated industries. Or you are in a position to influence these industries.
- Interested individuals must be within 22 and 45 years of age before application.
- No academic qualifications needed.
- Applicants must be a resident in the UK and possess a UK passport. Or you must be working directly for UK agriculture.
- Applicants outside the UK, should consult the Nuffield International website for more information on their Scholarships.
- You must have graduated from post tertiary education three (3) years before applying for this scholarship.
- Applicants must also be well established in their respective careers.
- Applicants must demonstrate passion for the industry they work in.
- You must possess special qualities.
- This Scholarship is not awarding anyone in full-time education or to further research projects.
How to Apply for Nuffield Farming Scholarship
- Eligible individuals must fill out and submit their application form before 31st of July.
- During application, Your Nuffield Farming Regional Representative will make contact with you to offer help and advice with completing your application. Make sure you comply with them and submit every necessary information.
- If you experience any difficult in completing your application form, don’t hesitate to contact the Alumni officer via this email: [email protected]
- You must include your references before submitting your online application.
Note: complete your referees’ details as soon as possible within the application form and press submit to forward them the link.
After submitting your application form. The Nuffield Farming Trust will send a copy of your application form to the Selection Committee, and representatives of Award Sponsors for the purpose of selection.
Once the selection process is done, your Regional Representatives will help you prepare for the interview.
Nuffield Scholarship Calendar
- January: Application opens. Help with application process from both Regional Representative and the Nuffield Farming Office.
- July 31st: Application closes.
- Early September: Shortlisting for interviews.
- Mid-September: Pre Interviews with regional representatives.
- Early October: Interviews.
- Late October: New Scholars Announced.
- Late November: Award Ceremony
- All expense paid trip worth £7,500 to study anywhere in the world for 8 weeks.
- A total value of £13,000 is awarded to scholars.
- Freedom to select any research topic to study. Etc.
Nuffield Farming Conference
Every year, Nuffield holds an annual conference after the scholars have returned from their study. During the conference, each scholar will present their findings, the conclusions they have reached and the recommendations to the industry. The presentation would be done in a variety of formats, including a written report and a presentation at the Annual Nuffield Farming Conference.
The Scholars are also expected to use all other means at their disposal to spread the knowledge they have gained within their industry and beyond.
Nuffield Scholarship Past Winners
More than 1,000 individuals have benefitted from this scholarship program. Nuffield has been investing in creating a change in farming and food.
Every season, Nuffield Farming Scholarship uploads their past scholars on their website. These winners share their stories and how they are using their knowledge in the agricultural field to make a positive change in the world.
Nuffield Scholarship 2022 Deadline
Application for this scholarship closes on the 31st of July annually. You are advised to submit all necessary documents before the deadline.
Nuffield has given the opportunity for individuals to become professionals in the agricultural field. You get to choose where to study, what to study and how you want to study, all for free.
Nuffield Farming Scholarship is one of the best post-graduate scholarships in the field of agriculture.
As a small business owner or employee, this is your chance to scale up your business by gaining the necessary knowledge. Don’t just focus on your community, when you have a world to change.