Jimmy Rane Foundation Scholarship 2023 – Apply Now
College education has always been a pacemaker for students to pursue their goals and make their dreams a reality. It is unfortunate that students willing to have a proper education struggle financially through school. Many of them cannot afford the rising tuition and expenses of higher education. It is for this reason, that the Jimmy Rane Scholarship was established.
Annually, the Jimmy Rane Foundation award students a fully funded scholarship to study at any of their desired university in the United States. This scholarship is strictly for high school students and college freshmen studying in the US.
If you are currently a student in the United States, then keep reading, as you wouldn’t want to miss out on the Jimmy Rane annual Scholarship.
About Jimmy Rane Foundation
The Jimmy Rane Foundation was established with the purpose of sending deserving students to college. Since it’s establishment, more than 500 students have benefitted from the program. Its annual scholarship has helped hundreds of students solve their financial burdens.
Jimmy R. Foundation believes that outstanding and hard-working students should be given a chance to study at the best universities in the US without having to worry about funding. Students who work hard and excel academically are assets that will help grow the community if nurtured well. That is why the Jimmy foundation will continue sponsoring these extraordinary kids for a healthier community.
Beneficiaries of this program have studied in Auburn, Alabama, University of Pennsylvania, Harvard, Texas Tech, Oklahoma State, Baylor, Indiana, Troy, Duke, Stanford, Vanderbilt, Georgia Tech, Georgia and many more. JR Foundation believes that exceptional students sponsored through their Foundation would someday return the favor to someone else in need.
Who can apply for this Scholarship
The Jimmy Rane scholarship is open to high school seniors planning to further their education in college OR students enrolled full-time as a college freshman or sophomore in the United States. This program is strictly for students no older than 20 years at the time of application and enrollment.
Programs to Study
Scholars of JR foundation are free to choose any field of study that leads to obtain a bachelor’s degree. However, your selected program must be recognized in an accredited institution. Students can choose to study engineering, medicine, science & technology, arts & humanities, accounting and so on.
Jimmy Rane Scholarship Requirements
To be considered fully eligible for the JR scholarship, you must satisfy the following conditions:
- Applicant must use the scholarship from the foundation at an institution that normally maintains a regular faculty and curriculum. Your chosen school must have a regularly organized body of students in attendance at the place where the educational activities are carried on, and that is listed by the U.S. Department of Education as being accredited by recognized accrediting agencies.
- Employees of Great Southern Wood Preserving, Incorporated, its parent, affiliates, subsidiaries, and their immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of each are not eligible.
- Students with intention of pursuing an online degree or distance learning are not eligible for this scholarship.
- Students must prove they did not participate as a student athlete in intercollegiate sports during the prior semester or academic year and will not participate as a student-athlete in intercollegiate athletics during the coming semester.
- You must possess a minimum grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 (for graduating high school seniors).
- A minimum grade point average (GPA) of 2.75 (for college applicants).
- You must be a citizen of the United States or a permanent resident.
- Applicants must be residing in one of the following states or the District of Columbia: Alabama, Arkansas, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Mississippi, Missouri, Nebraska, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia or West Virginia.
- You must be ready to demonstrate desire and ability to overcome barriers and to achieve your goals.
- Applicants must be in need of financial assistance.
- You must have participated in community services.
- Applicants must not be above 20 years old at the time of application.
- All applicants are requested to provide their SAT or ACT test scores.
Note: Online/distance learning courses are only allowed when a part of the curriculum is taught in the campus environment and when such course is only available online or through distance learning.
How to apply for Jimmy Rane Scholarship 2023
Applications for the Jimmy R. Scholarship is done online. Eligible students are to create an online portal where their applications will be submitted and processed.
- Visit Jimmy Rane Foundation website.
- Create a new account and register yourself as ISTS (International Scholarship and Tuition Service).
- Click on add new application.
- Input your assigned program key.
- Fill out your personal information, academic info and submit your application.
The Foundation annually awards over 50 students a scholarship to study in the United States. The Jimmy Rane scholarship amount ranges from $500 to $5,000. Selected students are entitled to receive the cash prize which will be used for college expenses such as tuition fees, travel, accommodation, books, allowances and more.
Jimmy Rane Scholarship Winners
List of selected students are usually published on the Jimmy foundation’s website. In 2022, 50 students were awarded scholarships. These scholars are currently studying at various Prestigious institutions in the US. Intending applicants are encouraged to read about their success stories to stay motivated and also assured that there is hope of winning the financial aid.
The selection process for applicants of the Jimmy R. scholarship will be based on the following:
- Your future goals and plans to achieve them.
- Demonstration of financial need.
- Successful preparation as a high school student to prepare and pursue a college education.
- Self motivation in completing challenging coursework.
Additionally, students must exhibit academic excellence, leadership skills and show community involvement as well as activities, awards and honors.
Jimmy Rane Scholarship Deadline 2023
The application for 2023 Jimmy scholarship will commence on December 1, 2022, and close early February 2023.
All interested students must submit their applications before the closure date to avoid a null entry.
For further inquiries about JR scholarship, do not hesitate to contact ISTS, International Scholarship and Tuition Services, Inc at (855) 670-ISTS (4787) or [email protected].
Is Jimmy Rane Scholarship renewable?
Students may renew their scholarship annually for a duration of four academic years (eight semesters) on the condition that all requirements are met.
Can I apply after the deadline?
Unfortunately, no applications will be reviewed after the deadline.
What is the age limit?
You must be a graduating high school senior and no older than 20 years of age.
How much is the application fee?
Zero. There is no fee to be paid for application.
What is the minimum SAT or ACT score requirement?
There is no minimum score required. However, SAT or ACT is considered a selection criterion.
Who funds Jimmy Rane Scholarship?
It is funded by donors through the Jimmy Rane Charity Golf Tournament.
Now that you are here, check out some awesome scholarships for you!
Kotzen Scholarship at Simmons University 2023
Ron Brown Scholarship Program for Blacks/Africans
Islamic University of Madinah Scholarship 2023
Gladys Carol Scholarship Program 2023
High school seniors studying in the United States should not hesitate to apply for the Jimmy Rane fully funded Scholarship. This is an opportunity to experience a quality college education without worrying about the financial burdens.
Stay updated on future Scholarship opportunities by subscribing to our newsletter and post notifications.