With over $500 million invested in scholarships, the Hispanic Scholarship Fund has successfully sponsored more than 65,000 students through college.
Annually, the financial program awards over 10,000 outstanding students a scholarship to study any discipline of their choice, provided that they are enrolled in an accredited college or university.
While it somewhat competitive to get the HSF, there is still hope for applicants as long as they pass all the eligibility criteria and submit their application early for review.
Before you proceed your application for the financial aid grant, here are some vital information you should know about the HSF application. Keep reading while I walk you through its application process and award collections.
About Hispanic Scholarship Fund (HSF)
HSF is a non-profit organization that provides financial assistance to Hispanic students to help them afford the cost of higher education. The organization offers a variety of scholarships to support the education and career development of its scholarship recipients.
It is funded by donations from individuals, corporations, and foundations, and it operates independently of the U.S. government. However, students who are awarded an HSF scholarship may also be eligible to receive federal financial aid through the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) process.
Who can Apply for HSF Scholarship?
National Hispanic Scholarship is open to only Hispanic high school senior, undergraduate, or graduate student who is planning to enroll in a full-time degree program at an accredited college or university in the United States. Interested students can choose any field of study of their choice.
Hispanic Scholarship Fund Requirements
- Applicant must be Hispanic or be of Hispanic origin
- Must be a citizen of the United States, or a permanent resident or DACA
- You must plan to enroll full time in an accredited public or private four-year college or university or graduate school for the 2023-2024 academic year.
- Must possess at least a 3.0 GPA on a scale of 4.0, or it’s equivalent for high school students. While for college or graduate students, a minimum of 2.5 GPA on a 4.0 scale.
- Submit the FAFSA or state-based financial aid forms (if applicable).
Benefits of Becoming an HSF Scholar
Being an HSF Scholar gives you access and entitlement to the followings:
- Access to a full range of invaluable Scholar Support Services, including mentorship, leadership development, wellness training knowledge building, and career services.
- Internship and job opportunities access
- Eligible to apply for STEM Summit, Health Summit, Entrepreneurship Summit, Finance Summit and other Scholar Conferences.
- Access to invaluable information and career opportunities via HSF insider.
Award ranges from $500–$5,000 depending on the student’s financial need evaluation. The Grants are paid directly to the scholar’s account.
How to Apply
To apply for this scholarship, applicant must have readied all the required documents such as academic transcripts, FAFSA, letters of recommendation etc.
- Visit HSF official website and create an account
- Fill out your application form by providing the necessary information such as personal and academic background ;
- Provide your FAFSA if required
- Provide your transcripts, recommendation letters etc.
- Submit your application form.
Commence your HsF Application here: Scholarship link
The scholarship team will reach out to selected applicants in March 2023 wherein the finalist may be notified. Thereafter, in June 2023 the main choice of winners takes place. Then in June – November 2023, awardees may be notified to offer documents to claim award. Finally, in December 2023, funds are distributed to the chosen winners.
H. Scholarship Fund winners
Winners for the 2023-2024 academic year will receive their awards in December 2023. This award comes after screening of applicants has taken place. The scholarship board will then present the fund to the winners.
Hispanic Scholarship Fund deadline
Application opens January 1, 2023 and closes February 13, 2023.
What if I don’t get the HSF scholarship?
If you don’t get selected for HSF, but a recipient of Pell Grant, then consider applying for any of the following Financial programs.
When are Hispanic scholarship Fund awards announced?
Usually December. However, the announcement date may vary depending on some factors.
What is HSF phone number and address?
(310) 975-3700. It is also preferable to visit www.hsf.net and fill out a contact form in cases where you don’t get access to speak to an official over the phone.
Address, 1411 W 190th St Ste 700, Gardena, California, 90248, United States.
Don’t go yet! Check out some more scholarship opportunities.
- Minority Scholarships for African American students
- $22,000 Goodnight Scholarship
- ADNOC Scholarship 2023
- 8 Pell Grant Eligible Scholarships for Undergraduates
- Loran Scholarship 2023
- ADEA/CREST Oral B Scholarship
- Burger King Scholarship 2023
- AKER Scholarship 2023 Application
A quick summary about HSF Application
- It is non-profit organization providing financial support to Hispanic Students
- Full sponsorship to Hispanic high school, undergraduate and graduate students
- Student must be enrolled on a four-year program in college or university or graduate school
- Must be in need of financial assistance. An FAFSA form will evaluate your financial status
- Posses at least a 3.0 GPA for High school applicants or a 2.5 GPA for college applicants
- Create an account on Hsf website
- Fill your application form correctly and provide necessary documents
- Submit your application early enough
- Constantly check your email or profile for feedback from committee
- If selected, ensure you take the necessary actions to claim your scholarship
- Being an HSF Scholar opens you to lots of opportunities that can skyrocket your future. Take advantage of this opportunity!
Get exclusive access to the latest scholarship updates and opportunities by subscribing to our blog newsletter! Don’t miss out on your chance to further your education and achieve your academic goals. Sign up now!