University of Alberta is awarding scholarships to Undergraduate and also postgraduates willing to study their Masters/PhDs in Canada. University of Alberta Scholarship for International Students (fully funded) is currently ongoing and interested applicants are required to follow the guidelines issued by the scholarship committee for a successful application.
The Alberta University was founded in 1908 by Alexander Cameron Rutherford, who is considered the first premier of Alberta, alongside Henry Marshall Tory, its first president. It is considered as one of Canada’s largest research universities.
The University has over 7,000 international students from 148 countries. This also ranks the University as a top 5 best University in Canada.
Every year, the UAlberta awards thousands of international students a fully funded scholarship without IELTS/TOEFL.
Quick Facts about the University of Alberta
- It is a Research-based university in Canada.
- One of the Greenest Employers in Canada since 2009.
- U of A is ranked among the top 150 universities in the world.
- It has over 40,061 students from 156 countries.
- $348.5 billion annual revenue of organizations founded by alumni.
- It has 5 campuses and 18 faculties.
- 800+ teaching and research agreements with 50 countries.
Who can apply for University of Alberta Scholarship?
The scholarship is open to both international students and Canadian citizens. The University of Alberta offers more than 200 Undergraduate Programs, 500 Graduate programs, 250 specializations, and 300 research areas. This gives interested candidates a wide variety of courses to study.
Requirements for UAlberta Scholarship
- Interested applicants must be either a Canadian or an international student.
- Must have a GPA of 3.7 or higher.
- Must be a responsible student (preferably a NUFS graduate).
List of Programs
- Agricultural Life and Environmental SciencesSchool of Business
- Fine Arts and Humanities
- Social Sciences
- Medicine & Dentistry
- Native Studies
- Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences
- Public Health
- Rehabilitation Medicine.
List of Graduate Programs offered by UAlberta
- Secondary EducationRenewable Resources
- Resource Economics and
- Environmental Sociology
- Women’s and Gender Studies
- Religious studies
- Radiology and Diagnostic Imaging
- Rehabilitation Medicine
- Public health
- Political science
- Ophthalmology and Visual Sciences
- Physical Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical
- Medical Microbiology and Immunology
- Medical Genetics
- Mathematical and Statistical Sciences
- Native studies
- Mechanical engineering
- Laboratory Medicine and Pathology
- Mining and Petroleum Engineering
- Modern Languages and Cultural
- Faculté Saint-Jean
- Kinesiology, Sport, and Recreation
- English and Film Studies
- History and classics
- Library and Information Studies
- Health Sciences Education
- Internet working
- Human Ecology
- Educational Studies
- Educational Psychology
Visit here for more Graduate Programs of Alberta University
Visit here for Undergraduate Programs of Alberta University
How to apply
Interested and eligible candidates are required to apply online by visiting the Official website of University of Alberta
Note: the entire Application process for the Alberta Scholarship is done online.
The scholarship form is open and available for all interested candidates (local and international).
The University of Alberta offers different varieties of benefits, ranging from mode of applications.
1. International Admission Scholarship
Top international students are liable to receive up to $5,000 CAD, depending on admission average.
2. Regional Excellence Scholarship
Top students based on regions are liable to receive up to $5,000 CAD, based on admission average.
3. Gold Standard Scholarship
The top 5% of students in each faculty are liable to receive up to $6,000, depending on admission average.
4. University of Alberta Doctoral Recruitment Scholarship
Top candidates are liable to receive an average of $5,000 per year.
5. University of Alberta Master’s Entrance Scholarship
Stipend: $17,500 (International students will receive an additional $10,000 to help cover fees.)
6. Alberta Graduate Excellence Scholarship (AGES)
Minimum award of $11,000 and maximum of 15,000.
7. University of Alberta Loran Award
Loran Scholars receive a $10,000 annual stipend, a tuition waiver of up to $10,000 from one of 25 partner universities, personal mentorship from a Canadian leader, access to the Loran network, and up to $14,000 in funding for summer internships in three different sectors.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is the Alberta Scholarship fully funded?
Yes, the University of Alberta is offering a fully funded scholarship for awarded applicants.
How long does it take to hear back from UAlberta?
If you successfully submitted all necessary information during your application, you should expect feedback within 1-2 weeks.
Can I be granted the scholarship without IELTS?
Yes. University of Alberta does not specifically require IELTS.
Is it hard to get into University of Alberta?
The University of Alberta acceptance rate is currently 58%. It is definitely not so hard to get admitted, so long you are eligible for the scholarship.
What average do you need to get into University of Alberta?
For the Undergraduate program, You need a minimum average of 70% (on a 50% passing scale) on five high school admission subjects required by the program of study at the Grade 12-level (or equivalent).
How do I know if I got into U of A?
After submitting your application online, you will be granted access to the UAlberta Launchpad portal. This portal will help you check your application status and review any checklist items for your program.
What is required GPA for Alberta scholarship?
3.7 GPA is the minimum GPA required for the scholarship application.
Deadline for Application
Application deadlines for international students are set by the department delivering the program. In some cases, the deadlines could be 12 months before the program begins. Applicants should contact the department to know their respective deadline for application. Please reference to the University’s official website.
This is an opportunity for international students to study at the University for free. The Canadian Government has made it easy for international students to study in the country by providing them access to scholarship opportunities such as the University of Alberto scholarship.
Without a single doubt, The University of Alberta is among the top 150 best universities in the world. If you are an international student looking to study in Canada, I recommend you check out the Alberta scholarship. It might just be what you need!
Kindly stay updated with the latest scholarship opportunities by turning on our post notification. This enables you to get notified immediately we publish a new scholarship opportunity.