Ab Nicholas Scholarship for Student Basketball Players in Wisconsin
Are you are a good sportsman in basketball? Have you always wanted a sponsorship in education while playing your favorite sport? If yes, then Ab Nicholas Scholarship might just be for you!
Every year, the Ab Nicholas Scholarship Foundation awards up to 60 scholarships to student athletes. $10,000 for a student in a 4-year program and $5,000 for a student in a 2-year program. Each awarded scholar is expected to maintain a cumulative grade point average greater than 2.0. The scholarships can be renewed annually for the period of the program.
Ab Nicholas scholarship ensures that college students from Wisconsin high school who are lovers of basketball get a chance to have a free education. The scholarship is open for high school students who participate as players or managers in their school’s basketball program.
About Ab Nicholas Foundation?
The Ab Nicholas Foundation Company, Inc, was founded by Albert Nicholas. He established the foundation in 2012 with a $50 million endowment. After Nicholas death, the foundation kept with the mission of helping college students make their education affordable.
Nicholas was a great sportsman in basketball that he received an athletic scholarship to the University of Wisconsin-Madison. There, he earned a bachelor’s degree in economics and, later, an MBA in finance and investments.
Albert Nicholas firmly believed his UW education made a difference for him, on and off the court. Because of this, Nicholas created the Ab Foundation to provide student athletes in Wisconsin the same kind of opportunity.
Ab Nicholas net worth
Albert Nicholas was the chairman, CEO, and portfolio manager of Nicholas Company, Inc. founded in 1967, and based in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. He was known as a serial investor. He built the Nicholas Co. into a firm that managed more than $5 billion. After his death, he was still a co-manager of his firm.
Objective of Ab Nicholas Scholarship
The foundation is aimed in sponsoring graduates from high school senior who played basketball or was a manager during their junior year. The Ab Nicholas scholarship is a need-based scholarship which is renewable annually. The scholarship is offered for two- and four-year programs at any University of Wisconsin System school.
Who can Apply for Ab Nicholas Scholarship?
The Ab Nicholas scholarship is open to Wisconsin high school students who participate as players or managers in their school’s basketball program.
Unfortunately, the Ab Nicholas scholarship is accessible to only students athletes in Wisconsin University who are also in need of financial assistance.
Ab Nicholas Scholarship requirements
To become eligible for the Albert Nicholas Foundation scholarship, you must possess the following:
- Applicants must be an active participant in their high school’s boys/girls basketball program during this (your senior) year, either as a player or a manager.
- Applicants are required to submit a completed Free Application For Student Aid form (FAFSA) to determine financial needs.
- Applicants can also apply for and receive other financial aid.
- Applicants must be a senior graduating this year from either a private or public Wisconsin high school.
- Applicants must be enrolled as a full-time student in any University of Wisconsin system school either for a 2 or 4 year program (at least 12 credits).
- Awarded students must maintain a minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.0 in order to be able to renew your scholarship.
- Applicants must be a certified resident of Wisconsin.
- Applicants are required to provide a unique student ID number for the UW System school(s) applying to.
- Lastly, applicants are required to file an application online during the enrollment period of senior year, (February 1 to April 30).
How to Apply for Ab Nicholas Scholarship
To apply, interested applicants are required to begin their application process online by visiting the official website of Ab Nicholas Scholarship. Start by reading the scholarship application guidelines before commencing application.
Important Note: when filling your online application, do not use your High school’s email address. All means of contact should be either your personal information or a close guardian.
The Ab Nicholas scholarship comes with two types of benefits. The first benefit offers awarded students $10,000 for a 4-year program and $5,000 for students in a 2-year program. A total award of $40,000 or $10,000, are given to selected students for the period of their program.
Deadline for Ab Nicholas Scholarship
The Albert Nicholas Foundation Scholarship for 2022 commences online application on the 1st of February. The application is open to Wisconsin high school seniors.
The scholarship application runs from February and closes on 30th of April. Interested students are expected to submit their completed application to abnsf.org before the deadline date.
The deadline for the foundation to receive the Financial Aid Worksheet (FAW) from financial aid offices closes on 15th of June.
Selected applicants for the scholarship will get notified on the 30th of June via the email address provided during application.
On the 15th of August, first semester payment will be made. Then on the 15th of December, second semester payment will be made. It is important you maintain the required cumulative GPA to be able to renew your scholarship.
Ab Nicholas Scholarship Renewal Dates
Awarded students are expected to renew their scholarship throughout the duration of their program.
January 1 to April 30, scholars are required to provide their first semester transcripts.
June 20, final date to submit second semester transcripts, and deadline to inform the Foundation of your intention to transfer to another UW System School next semester.
How to Renew your Scholarship
Login to your account and follow the guidelines to renew. Ensure you take note of the date of application and closure.
What NOT to do when Applying for the scholarship
- Do not use your High school email address when filling your online application.
- Avoid providing invalid documents or fake identification.
- Do not apply when you are not in need of financial assistance.
- Do not apply if you cannot sustain a cumulative grade point average of at least 2.0.
- Avoid applying if your desired institution is not recognized by the University of Wisconsin system schools.
- Do not apply if you once played basketball in high school senior but stopped. The scholarship foundation requires that you must be an active participant in your High school basketball program as a senior and graduated at the end of the most recent school year.
Official website of Ab Nicholas Scholarship
Ab Nicholas Scholarship Foundation
700 N. Water Street
Milwaukee, WI 53202